Even though human growth hormone (HGH) is considered a performance-enhancing drug (PED) and has been in controversy for decades now regarding its use as a PED and as an anti-aging supplement, many alternative physicians and endocrinologists have been touting its anti-aging benefits throughout these past decades. They've seen the results in their patient's improved skin and hair, weight loss, etc. and/or have heard and discussed the anecdotal findings of their hormone replacement therapy (HRT) patients. Now, there is another published and peer-reviewed study that backs up their claims that was recently published in Aging Cell.
HGH Study on Turning Back the Biological Clock
In this exciting, new study, nine men were the subjects, aged between 51 and 65 years. They were given HGH injections in order to stimulate the thymus gland. As we age, the thymus gland tends to atrophy (degenerate or waste away) which is concerning as it plays a very important role in the functioning of our immune systems.
The subjects were given Omnitrope for injection and self-administered their doses 3-4 times per week with side effects consistently monitored. They were also asked to take vitamin D3 and elemental zinc supplements daily.
What the researchers were most interested in studying is the epigenetic clock, which is a more advanced way of measuring a person's age. It looks at a person's biochemistry, specifically DNA methylation levels. This recently developed biochemical test is much more accurate in estimating a person's biological age than their chronological age. Not only does biochemistry change over time, or chronologically, but it changes due to lifestyle and environmental factors as well, affecting one's biological age (or age of the cells). This is why the epigenetic clock is more accurate. It's amazing what science can do these days!
HGH Reduces Risk of Mortality
The takeaway from the study is that the epigenetic age of the subjects was reduced by 1.5 years after a total of 12 months of treatment with HGH injections based off of the results of four different epigenetic clock tests. Researchers used recombinant human growth hormone to prevent the atrophy of the thymus gland and instead were able to regenerate the cells and restore some immune function. They observed qualitative improvements in thymic density and results that tended to show a restoration of thymic mass.
All four of the epigenetic clocks used to determine biological age showed significant regression in age. After nine months of treatment, a marked acceleration of aging reversal was noted. The lead author, Steve Horvath, commented on the study: “This strongly suggests that their risk of mortality has decreased without us being able to give an accurate estimate of their life expectancy.” More research needs to be conducted in order to accurately estimate life expectancy – with only nine subjects, this study was just the beginning. But a good beginning with amazing results! A new trial is in the works which will include 50 subjects.
Keep up-to-date on the latest scientific studies regarding human growth hormone and other important hormones such as testosterone by bookmarking this website and following our page. We strive to bring you the most important and exciting news in the science world when it comes to endocrinology and anti-aging. If you yourself are interested in learning more about HRT and its benefits for patients suffering from growth hormone deficiency, do not hesitate to reach out to one of our hormone advisors to learn more about your options!
- Hormone Therapy May Help Post-Menopausal Women Postpone Onset of Atherosclerosis - November 14th, 2020
- Joe Rogan -- Palumboism Due to Hormone Abuse? - November 12th, 2020
- HGH Injections: A New Revolution in Longevity, Health, Medicine, and Life Quality -- HGH Injection - November 10th, 2020
- Stop Premature Aging Dead in its Tracks with Growth Hormone! - November 5th, 2020
- Live Consciously and Live Better - November 4th, 2020
- Human Growth Hormone and Cell Regeneration - November 2nd, 2020
- Anti-Aging HGH Research of Growth Hormone Injections - October 14th, 2020
- Ascendis Pharma Given the Go-Ahead by FDA to Develop Long-Acting HGH Treatment - August 19th, 2020
- Growth Hormone Leads to Liver Regeneration and helps support healing post surgery. - August 7th, 2020
- COVID-19 Global Pandemic: Boosting Your Immune Defense with Growth Hormone - July 24th, 2020
- Zap The Ugly Fat With Human Growth Hormone - July 21st, 2020
- Buying HGH Legally. Is HGH legal in the United States ? - July 18th, 2020
- Basic Human Growth Hormone Information - July 4th, 2020
- How to Blast Off Your Growth Hormone Therapy with Powerful Nutrition- HGH Injection - December 9th, 2019
- Human Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men - December 6th, 2019
- Human Growth Hormone for Body Sculpting - December 6th, 2019
- Starting Your HGH Therapy Program - December 5th, 2019
- How HGH and Testosterone Can Make a Huge Difference in Your Life - November 29th, 2019
- 34 Good Health Tips to Improve Your Health and Wellness - November 28th, 2019
- Restore Your Vitality with Human Growth Hormone HRT - November 26th, 2019
- Personal Human Growth Hormone HGH Testimonial - November 26th, 2019
- An Introduction to the Lymphatic System - November 23rd, 2019
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 583