Video Download: Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer Healthier Lives
Video Stream: Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer Healthier Lives
Geriatric Medicine, Genetics, and Endocrinology are tightly wound disciplines at the forefront of advancing medical science and technology. One of the long-term goals of these disciplines is Anti-Aging. As we learn more about the processes that induce aging, we can develop strategies to overcome those processes, thus increasing the quality of life and length of life at the same time.
Aging is a complex set of circumstances that we're just beginning to really understand, but we do know that it occurs all the way down to a cellular level. Cellular Senescence is a term that describes the end-of-life stage of a cell where its growth permanently ceases.
This physiological end-point is determined by a combination of inherited factors. Some of these factors are genetically baked in from birth. Others are activated by lifestyle, circumstance, or other environmental causes. The scientific field that studies how these on-off switches are flipped is known as Epigenetics.
Few Studies Explore Epigenetic Treatments to Slow Down Aging
While we do understand a handful of these genes and have hypotheses regarding how they impact aging, there is still a tremendous amount of information left to be revealed. In spite of this growing knowledge, there is minimal research going into the development of treatments that can help promote longevity and health via epigenetic intervention.
Most current research involving epigenetic life-extension is conducted in animal laboratories. A collaboration of Chinese medical research facilities recently released data from a recent study designed to gather information regarding how animals and humans regulate aging at the cellular level.
Part of this research involves the Beijing Institute of Genomics, which is hunting for genes that encourage cellular senescence in humans. The institute is exploring the human genome with CRISPR/Cas9. By finding these genes, we can study them further to identify new potential therapies to overcome health issues related to aging.
Utilizing stem cells that experienced premature aging, they found 100+ genes that appeared to relate to senescence. They narrowed that list down to a hypothesized top 50 genes most likely to affect aging, then flipped the genetic switch using targeted sgRNAs.
KAT7 Overactivity Detrimental to Cellular Rejuvenation
One of the most notable of those 50 genes was KAT7. Lower KAT7 activity was correlated with controlled cellular senescence, but excessive activity inhibited cellular development. By inactivating KAT7, stem cells experienced rejuvenation, relieving them of their stasis.
The body of research thus far has shown that inflammation and senescence of organ/tissue cells lead to an increased incidence of age-related conditions and perceived aging. In animal research, the removal of senescent cells helps prevent the degeneration of tissues and has a positive impact on the lifespan of good health.
This new study provides evidence that the injection of serum to mitigate KAT7 activity improved the inflammatory profile in older mice and led to lower levels of cellular senescence in the liver.
Based on these results, inhibiting the activity of a single problematic gene may be enough to improve health and extend the lifespan, at least in mice. When this same intervention was applied to stem cells, it led to relatable results.
This study adds another prominent member to the list of genes that inhibit cellular rejuvenation and also provides the groundwork for taking advantage of the use of genetic manipulation to help humans live longer and healthier lives.
Reference: "A genome-wide CRISPR-base screen identifies KAT7 as a driver of cellular senescence" was published online in Science Translational Medicine on Jan. 6, 2021.
- Eating Too Much Junk Food Slashes Sperm Count and Trashes Testosterone Levels - June 10th, 2021
- Male Menopause - Changes in Hormone Balance Alter Men's Lives - June 3rd, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Injections Clinics - May 30th, 2021
- Arizona HGH Injections Clinics - May 28th, 2021
- Watch Out for Signs of Testosterone Imbalance - May 27th, 2021
- Treating Covid-19 Patients with Thyroid Hormone Therapy - May 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Injections Clinics - May 24th, 2021
- Alabama HGH Injections Clinics - May 19th, 2021
- HGH Injections in Sacramento, California - May 18th, 2021
- Omnitrope Therapy for the Treatment of Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - May 13th, 2021
- The Importance of Balanced Growth Hormone and Insulin Levels - May 8th, 2021
- California HGH Injections Clinics - May 5th, 2021
- Massachusetts HGH Injections Clinics - May 3rd, 2021
- Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - May 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania HGH Injections Clinics - May 1st, 2021
- Is Eight Glasses of Water Per Day Really Necessary? - April 29th, 2021
- Florida HGH Injections Clinics - April 27th, 2021
- Norditropin Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 14th, 2021
- Seriously, You Might Need More Fiber - April 13th, 2021
- Researchers Discover Brain Cells Associated With Sugar Cravings - April 12th, 2021
- Four Common Nutrient Deficiencies Among Americans - April 11th, 2021
- New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute to Hair Loss - April 9th, 2021
- Montana HGH Injections Clinics - April 8th, 2021
- Getting The Most Out of Strength Training to Enhance Hormone Balance and Strength - March 23rd, 2021
- The Effects of Sedentary Lifestyle on Health and Hormone Balance in Men - March 19th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Injections Clinics - March 13th, 2021
- Diabetes Treatment Semaglutide Helps Obese Patients Lose Weight - March 12th, 2021
- Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism—Leading Cause of Thyroid Disorders - March 10th, 2021
- Experimenting with Leptin (The Hunger Hormone) in Rats - March 9th, 2021
- The Influence of the Thyroid Gland on Body Fat - March 5th, 2021
- Texas HGH Injections Clinics - March 3rd, 2021
- New Study Hints at Body's Ability to Re-Calibrate Biological Age - March 1st, 2021
- Colorado HGH Injections Clinics - February 28th, 2021
- HGH Therapy May Boost Immune Health in Aging and Vulnerable Populations - February 27th, 2021
- Exercise Rehab Improves Strength and Endurance Outcomes in Stroke Patients - February 26th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Covid-19—The Effects of Indoor Living on Immunity - February 23rd, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Injections Clinics - February 13th, 2021
- Minnesota HGH Injections Clinics - February 12th, 2021
- Prescription Human Growth Hormone Injections in San Francisco, California - February 5th, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Intermittent Fasting Could Improve Cognitive Function - February 3rd, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2021
- Wyoming HGH Injections Clinics - January 8th, 2021
- New York HGH Injections Clinics - January 6th, 2021
- Missouri HGH Injections Clinics - January 4th, 2021
- Ohio HGH Injections Clinics - January 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 1st, 2021
- Washington D.C. HGH Injections Clinics - December 31st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- Mississippi HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- West Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - December 26th, 2020
- Vermont HGH Injections Clinics - December 23rd, 2020
- Utah HGH Injections Clinics - December 22nd, 2020
- New Mexico HGH Injections Clinics - December 21st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - December 20th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Injections Clinics - December 18th, 2020
- Nevada HGH Injections Clinics - December 17th, 2020
- Washington HGH Injections Clinics - December 15th, 2020
- HGH Injections in Seattle, Washington - December 14th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Injections Clinics - December 14th, 2020
- Oregon HGH Injections Clinics - December 13th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Injections Clinics - December 11th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Injections Clinics - December 9th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Injections Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Maine HGH Injections Clinics - December 6th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Injections Clinics - December 5th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Injections Clinics - December 3rd, 2020
- Kansas HGH Injections Clinics - December 2nd, 2020
- Iowa HGH Injections Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Indiana HGH Injections Clinics - November 30th, 2020
- Illinois HGH Injections Clinics - November 29th, 2020
- Idaho HGH Injections Clinics - November 27th, 2020
- Hawaii HGH Injections Clinics - November 26th, 2020
- Georgia HGH Injections Clinics - November 25th, 2020
- Delaware HGH Injections Clinics - November 23rd, 2020
- Connecticut HGH Injections Clinics - November 20th, 2020
- South Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2020
- South Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 2nd, 2020
- Birmingham Human Growth Hormone Injections - October 21st, 2018
- Huntsville Human Growth Hormone Injections - October 21st, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Injections In Mobile - October 21st, 2018
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 590