Video Link: https://vimeo.com/557222621
Video Download: Exercise Rehab Improves Strength And Endurance Outcomes In Stroke Patients
Video Stream: Exercise Rehab Improves Strength And Endurance Outcomes In Stroke Patients
Traumatic cardiovascular events such as strokes require extensive care during the rehabilitative process. In recent years, cardiovascular researchers have been exploring the benefits of rehabilitation for stroke patients.
Research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association this month described some of the benefits of rehab for stroke survivors. In particular, rehabilitation helped patients in the areas of mobility, strength, and cardiovascular endurance.
Exercise Is A Critical Part of Stroke Rehab
After the patient has been released from urgent care, it's important to do whatever is possible to mitigate the risk/mortality of future cardiovascular events.
When people have heart attacks, it's very common for patients to undergo cardiac rehab to improve future outcomes, but this is not usually the case for stroke victims. The data released from this study provides strong evidence that stroke patients should also receive cardiac rehab as an aspect of their recovery.
While medical prescriptions are invaluable to the longevity of these patients, exercise should be considered equally valuable for these vulnerable patients. Physical activity and exercise are critical to helping patients regain their range of function and preserve their quality of life.
Three Months of Cardiac Rehab Confers Major Benefits
In this study, patients that survived chronic or subacute stroke were entered into a three-month cardiac rehab program primarily using exercise.
Rehab met three times per week. 29 participants entered the study, 24 finished the three-month regimen, and 18 came back for a follow-up after six months. The average age of patients that completed rehab was 62 years old.
It's well-known in medical literature that physical activity helps people avoid strokes. This study was designed to create a controlled environment to assess the potential benefits of cardiovascular rehab for patients that have experienced a stroke in the past. Six patients didn't make it back for follow-up, five due to the Covid-19 shutdown.
Stroke Patients Perform Better After Cardiovascular Rehab
The results were promising. No patients that participated in the study experienced adverse events related to rehab. After three months, participants experienced a nearly 62-meter increase in distance on a six-minute walk compared to their initial session. This was a 28-meter improvement over the average stroke survivor.
Six months later, this increase in endurance was sustained. After rehab, patients needed fewer breaks, climbed stairs better, and had more stamina. Some patients reported that they could engage in the experiences that they enjoyed more easily.
Cardiac Rehab also helped patients in other ways. Some patients were able to positively adjust their prescriptions. Some also self-reported improved self-perception and/or experienced weight loss. In general, rehab helped make them more aware of their health needs.
Patients Continue Staying Active After Three Month Cardiac Rehab
The patients that finished rehab all reported that they planned to keep exercising. Six months after the initial program, over 80% of participants exercised a minimum of once weekly, and nearly 40% were still working out over three times each week.
The researchers find it unfortunate that stroke victims are not generally prescribed cardiac rehab in the United States, in spite of the obvious benefits. Patients that go through rehab post-stroke experience improved quality of life, health outcomes, and endurance.
Perhaps one day in the near future, stroke victims will be allowed the same standard of care provided to other patients.
- Common Habits That Contribute to Premature Aging - June 28th, 2022
- Using Food to Improve Your Mood - How Diet and Mental Health Are Related - June 14th, 2022
- Testimonial: How HGH Replacement Therapy Turned a Man’s Life Around - February 10th, 2022
- Peptides: Another Option in the Battle Against Weight Gain - January 21st, 2022
- How Hormone Imbalance Contributes to Weight Gain - December 16th, 2021
- Zomacton Therapy for Relief from HGH Deficiency - November 29th, 2021
- Avoid Hormone Imbalance and Ward Off Fatigue and Exhaustion This Winter - November 10th, 2021
- Ten Signs You May Be Suffering from Low-T (or HGH Deficiency)! - October 6th, 2021
- Tesamorelin Therapy Helps Patients Lose Weight and Boost Growth Hormone Levels - September 9th, 2021
- Study Tracks Diabetic Low-T Patients for Twelve Years - August 9th, 2021
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: If You Do It Right, It’s Like a Miracle - July 13th, 2021
- Preserving and Restoring Hormone Balance for Improved Health and Wellness - July 10th, 2021
- Eating Too Much Junk Food Slashes Sperm Count and Trashes Testosterone Levels - June 10th, 2021
- Male Menopause - Changes in Hormone Balance Alter Men's Lives - June 3rd, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Injections Clinics - May 30th, 2021
- Arizona HGH Injections Clinics - May 28th, 2021
- Watch Out for Signs of Testosterone Imbalance - May 27th, 2021
- Treating Covid-19 Patients with Thyroid Hormone Therapy - May 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Injections Clinics - May 24th, 2021
- Alabama HGH Injections Clinics - May 19th, 2021
- HGH Injections in Sacramento, California - May 18th, 2021
- Omnitrope Therapy for the Treatment of Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - May 13th, 2021
- The Importance of Balanced Growth Hormone and Insulin Levels - May 8th, 2021
- California HGH Injections Clinics - May 5th, 2021
- Massachusetts HGH Injections Clinics - May 3rd, 2021
- Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - May 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania HGH Injections Clinics - May 1st, 2021
- Is Eight Glasses of Water Per Day Really Necessary? - April 29th, 2021
- Florida HGH Injections Clinics - April 27th, 2021
- Norditropin Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 14th, 2021
- Seriously, You Might Need More Fiber - April 13th, 2021
- Researchers Discover Brain Cells Associated With Sugar Cravings - April 12th, 2021
- Four Common Nutrient Deficiencies Among Americans - April 11th, 2021
- New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute to Hair Loss - April 9th, 2021
- Montana HGH Injections Clinics - April 8th, 2021
- Streamline Your Strength Training to Improve Hormone Balance and Gains - March 23rd, 2021
- The Effects of Sedentary Lifestyle on Health and Hormone Balance in Men - March 19th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Injections Clinics - March 13th, 2021
- Diabetes Treatment Semaglutide Helps Obese Patients Lose Weight - March 12th, 2021
- Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism—Leading Cause of Thyroid Disorders - March 10th, 2021
- Experimenting with Leptin (The Hunger Hormone) in Rats - March 9th, 2021
- The Influence of the Thyroid Gland on Body Fat - March 5th, 2021
- Texas HGH Injections Clinics - March 3rd, 2021
- New Study Hints at Body's Ability to Re-Calibrate Biological Age - March 1st, 2021
- Colorado HGH Injections Clinics - February 28th, 2021
- HGH Therapy May Boost Immune Health in Aging and Vulnerable Populations - February 27th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Covid-19—The Effects of Indoor Living on Immunity - February 23rd, 2021
- Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer, Healthier Lives - February 17th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Injections Clinics - February 13th, 2021
- Minnesota HGH Injections Clinics - February 12th, 2021
- Prescription Human Growth Hormone Injections in San Francisco, California - February 5th, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Intermittent Fasting Could Improve Cognitive Function - February 3rd, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2021
- Wyoming HGH Injections Clinics - January 8th, 2021
- New York HGH Injections Clinics - January 6th, 2021
- Missouri HGH Injections Clinics - January 4th, 2021
- Ohio HGH Injections Clinics - January 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 1st, 2021
- Washington D.C. HGH Injections Clinics - December 31st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- Mississippi HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- West Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - December 26th, 2020
- Vermont HGH Injections Clinics - December 23rd, 2020
- Utah HGH Injections Clinics - December 22nd, 2020
- New Mexico HGH Injections Clinics - December 21st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - December 20th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Injections Clinics - December 18th, 2020
- Nevada HGH Injections Clinics - December 17th, 2020
- Washington HGH Injections Clinics - December 15th, 2020
- HGH Injections in Seattle, Washington - December 14th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Injections Clinics - December 14th, 2020
- Oregon HGH Injections Clinics - December 13th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Injections Clinics - December 11th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Injections Clinics - December 9th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Injections Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Maine HGH Injections Clinics - December 6th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Injections Clinics - December 5th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Injections Clinics - December 3rd, 2020
- Kansas HGH Injections Clinics - December 2nd, 2020
- Iowa HGH Injections Clinics - December 1st, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 560