Video Link: https://vimeo.com/449908197
Video Download: Experimenting With Leptin The Hunger Hormone In Rats
Video Stream: Experimenting With Leptin The Hunger Hormone In Rats
One of the prime goals of the medical community today is to help patients learn how to lose weight easier and keep the weight off once it's lost.
One of the essential hormones involved in the regulation of hunger is Leptin. Leptin is vital to the digestive cycle because it is the primary hormone that curbs appetite.
When we consume calories from what we eat and drink, that energy travels to fat cells for absorption. Once the fat cells have absorbed sufficient energy, they release Leptin. Leptin travels to the brain to signal for hunger cessation and encourage increased activity.
Researchers are working to understand Leptin more completely so that we can more effectively help patients control weight and avoid the various maladies associated with obesity.
Leptin Intimately Connected to Appetite, Thermal Regulation, and Activity Level
A recent study published in Nature explores the functions of Leptin. In this rodent study, mice were genetically manipulated not to produce Leptin. Without Leptin's activity, mice could not control their appetite and were less active. They tripled in the size of regular mice. They also had issues generating sufficient body heat and struggled in cold temperatures.
After assessing the baseline function of these Leptin-Lacking Mice, they started administering Leptin to the mice. After Leptin was introduced, the mice ate less and exercised more. Furthermore, the mice began breaking down dormant white fat and began generating heat with brown fat, making them more resilient to cold.
Dr. Paul Cohen, the lead author of this study and professor at Rockefeller University, was explicitly interested in nervous system activity related to Leptin and the fat cells. They used advanced imaging techniques to visualize what was happening.
Researchers discovered that Leptin from fat cells acted on nerve cells in the Hypothalamus, thus regulating two important proteins: POMC (pro-opiomelanocortin) and AGRP (Agouti-Related Peptide.)
What Are POMC and Agouti-Related Peptide?
These two hormones are antagonistic. POMC is a precursor polypeptide that is critical for the cessation of hunger. The hormone also triggers increased activity levels. AGRP does the opposite—It encourages appetite and suppresses activity.
The activity of these two hormones is expressed via specific nerve cells in the paraventricular nucleus known as Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factors. With the help of these hormones, BDNF modulates energy expenditure.
Researchers discovered that deleting the BDNF gene had tremendous effects, including extreme obesity, reduced thermoregulation, suppressed activity level, and increased appetite.
Potential for BDNF Manipulation as a Weight Loss Treatment for Obesity
While this research is still in its infant stages, it's likely possible to apply this knowledge to human patients struggling with uncontrolled obesity. While Leptin Treatments help many patients lose weight, not all patients respond to Leptin.
It's theorized that this is due to insufficient response from the Paraventricular BDNF. Learning how to activate or upregulate this area of the Hypothalamus could be key in treating obesity for a certain subset of struggling patients.
- Will the Doctors at Your Clinic Write Me an HGH Prescription? - September 16th, 2022
- Tlando—An Oral Alternative for Testosterone Deficiency - September 8th, 2022
- How to Detect HGH Scams - August 12th, 2022
- Getting Fit for Testosterone Therapy - July 12th, 2022
- Using Food to Improve Your Mood - How Diet and Mental Health Are Related - June 14th, 2022
- Testimonial: How HGH Replacement Therapy Turned a Man’s Life Around - February 10th, 2022
- Peptides: Another Option in the Battle Against Weight Gain - January 21st, 2022
- How Hormone Imbalance Contributes to Weight Gain - December 16th, 2021
- Zomacton Therapy for Relief from HGH Deficiency - November 29th, 2021
- Avoid Hormone Imbalance and Ward Off Fatigue and Exhaustion This Winter - November 10th, 2021
- Ten Signs You May Be Suffering from Low-T (or HGH Deficiency)! - October 6th, 2021
- Tesamorelin Therapy Helps Patients Lose Weight and Boost Growth Hormone Levels - September 9th, 2021
- Study Tracks Diabetic Low-T Patients for Twelve Years - August 9th, 2021
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: If You Do It Right, It’s Like a Miracle - July 13th, 2021
- Preserving and Restoring Hormone Balance for Improved Health and Wellness - July 10th, 2021
- Eating Too Much Junk Food Slashes Sperm Count and Trashes Testosterone Levels - June 10th, 2021
- Male Menopause - Changes in Hormone Balance Alter Men's Lives - June 3rd, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Injections Clinics - May 30th, 2021
- Arizona HGH Injections Clinics - May 28th, 2021
- Watch Out for Signs of Testosterone Imbalance - May 27th, 2021
- Treating Covid-19 Patients with Thyroid Hormone Therapy - May 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Injections Clinics - May 24th, 2021
- Alabama HGH Injections Clinics - May 19th, 2021
- HGH Injections in Sacramento, California - May 18th, 2021
- Omnitrope Therapy for the Treatment of Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - May 13th, 2021
- The Importance of Balanced Growth Hormone and Insulin Levels - May 8th, 2021
- California HGH Injections Clinics - May 5th, 2021
- Massachusetts HGH Injections Clinics - May 3rd, 2021
- Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - May 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania HGH Injections Clinics - May 1st, 2021
- Is Eight Glasses of Water Per Day Really Necessary? - April 29th, 2021
- Florida HGH Injections Clinics - April 27th, 2021
- Norditropin Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 14th, 2021
- Seriously, You Might Need More Fiber - April 13th, 2021
- Researchers Discover Brain Cells Associated With Sugar Cravings - April 12th, 2021
- Four Common Nutrient Deficiencies Among Americans - April 11th, 2021
- New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute to Hair Loss - April 9th, 2021
- Montana HGH Injections Clinics - April 8th, 2021
- Streamline Your Strength Training to Improve Hormone Balance and Gains - March 23rd, 2021
- The Effects of Sedentary Lifestyle on Health and Hormone Balance in Men - March 19th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Injections Clinics - March 13th, 2021
- Diabetes Treatment Semaglutide Helps Obese Patients Lose Weight - March 12th, 2021
- Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism—Leading Cause of Thyroid Disorders - March 10th, 2021
- The Influence of the Thyroid Gland on Body Fat - March 5th, 2021
- Texas HGH Injections Clinics - March 3rd, 2021
- New Study Hints at Body's Ability to Re-Calibrate Biological Age - March 1st, 2021
- Colorado HGH Injections Clinics - February 28th, 2021
- HGH Therapy May Boost Immune Health in Aging and Vulnerable Populations - February 27th, 2021
- Exercise Rehab Improves Strength and Endurance Outcomes in Stroke Patients - February 26th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Covid-19—The Effects of Indoor Living on Immunity - February 23rd, 2021
- Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer, Healthier Lives - February 17th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Injections Clinics - February 13th, 2021
- Minnesota HGH Injections Clinics - February 12th, 2021
- Prescription Human Growth Hormone Injections in San Francisco, California - February 5th, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Intermittent Fasting Could Improve Cognitive Function - February 3rd, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2021
- Wyoming HGH Injections Clinics - January 8th, 2021
- New York HGH Injections Clinics - January 6th, 2021
- Missouri HGH Injections Clinics - January 4th, 2021
- Ohio HGH Injections Clinics - January 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 1st, 2021
- Washington D.C. HGH Injections Clinics - December 31st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- Mississippi HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- West Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - December 26th, 2020
- Vermont HGH Injections Clinics - December 23rd, 2020
- Utah HGH Injections Clinics - December 22nd, 2020
- New Mexico HGH Injections Clinics - December 21st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - December 20th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Injections Clinics - December 18th, 2020
- Nevada HGH Injections Clinics - December 17th, 2020
- Washington HGH Injections Clinics - December 15th, 2020
- HGH Injections in Seattle, Washington - December 14th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Injections Clinics - December 14th, 2020
- Oregon HGH Injections Clinics - December 13th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Injections Clinics - December 11th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Injections Clinics - December 9th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Injections Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Maine HGH Injections Clinics - December 6th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Injections Clinics - December 5th, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 497