Video Link: https://vimeo.com/563071927
Video Download: Is Eight Glasses Of Water Per Day Really Necessary
Video Stream: Is Eight Glasses Of Water Per Day Really Necessary
It's long been folk wisdom that people should drink eight glasses of water each day. Like many forms of “common wisdom,” proper hydration is a bit more complicated than that. In many cases, eight glasses may actually be more than you need—not that two liters of water a day is harmful.
Water challenges are pretty popular these days. You've surely seen at least one friend or co-worker lugging around a giant water bottle all day. On the other hand, it's possible to go too far. There have even been people that have died from drinking too much water, even if it's incredibly rare.
Drinking sufficient water is important because it helps preserve electrolyte balance. On the other hand, our bodies are quite effective at protecting this balance. In fact, every human has their own unique need for water based on a number of different parameters.
What Factors Determine How Much Water You Need?
The three most critical factors are activity level, temperature, and weight. When you exercise or work out, your body expends energy as heat, which is whisked away by sweat. The harder you exert yourself, the more water you need to replenish reserves and not overheat.
This is also why you need more water when it's hot outside. Your body sweats as a means to protect internal temperature in the case of sometimes-sweltering heat. Your body weight matters because the more mass you carry, the more water your body needs, and the more you'll need to protect your temperature and energy balance.
Fluid Balance Achievable Even Without Drinking Water
Many people don't realize that you can get your daily water requirements without even drinking a glass of water. It's obvious that this is so if you take the time to think about it. Almost all food and beverages that we consume, down to the driest grain, contain some small amount of water. Milk, juices, and soup contribute, as do caffeinated drinks such as coffee and soda.
Even drinks that have some diuretic effect still contribute to your hydration needs. This is not to mention the water content of the foods that you eat, including fruits, vegetables, and meat. Beer with very low alcohol content can still hydrate, though you quickly lose more than you gain as ABV increases.
How Do the Kidneys Preserve Fluid Balance?
The kidneys are the control center that modulates water/salt balance. Fluid retention depends on the influence of vasopressin, which preserves fluid balance. Vasopressin is one of many hormones produced by the pituitary gland (specifically, the posterior pituitary).
The organs send messages to the brain regarding water balance, and the brain responds to these nerve signals to either retain water or release water via urination.
Water Drinking Not Without Its Benefits
That's not to say that drinking a lot of water can't be beneficial for some people. Two big proven benefits of drinking eight glasses of water per day are that it can help folks with a history of bladder infection or kidney stones from experiencing another episode.
There's also some evidence that drinking water before a meal can help people manage smaller portions to lose weight.
Furthermore, there are some studies that suggest that some people may experience cognitive/emotional benefits from drinking water. Research shows that students scored better on tests when given water beforehand. There is also research that suggests that some people drink water compulsively to manage anxiety.
Fluid Balance Is Important, But Your Body Does Most of the Work
Drinking two liters of water per day likely won't cause you any problems and may even be rewarding if you're looking to prove to yourself that you can stick to a task.
On the other hand, the broad majority of people need far less water than is suggested due to the abundance of water ingested through other drinks and food. It's most important to remember to stay hydrated in the face of exertion and heat.
The more alcohol you drink, however, the more you should supplement with water. It's suggested that you should drink 16 ounces of water for every four to six ounces of liquor or for every can of beer.
- How Hormone Imbalance Contributes to Weight Gain - December 16th, 2021
- Zomacton Therapy for Relief from HGH Deficiency - November 29th, 2021
- Avoid Hormone Imbalance and Ward Off Fatigue and Exhaustion This Winter - November 10th, 2021
- Ten Signs You May Be Suffering from Low-T (or HGH Deficiency)! - October 6th, 2021
- Tesamorelin Therapy Helps Patients Lose Weight and Boost Growth Hormone Levels - September 9th, 2021
- Study Tracks Diabetic Low-T Patients for Twelve Years - August 9th, 2021
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: If You Do It Right, It’s Like a Miracle - July 13th, 2021
- Preserving and Restoring Hormone Balance for Improved Health and Wellness - July 10th, 2021
- Eating Too Much Junk Food Slashes Sperm Count and Trashes Testosterone Levels - June 10th, 2021
- Male Menopause - Changes in Hormone Balance Alter Men's Lives - June 3rd, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Injections Clinics - May 30th, 2021
- Arizona HGH Injections Clinics - May 28th, 2021
- Watch Out for Signs of Testosterone Imbalance - May 27th, 2021
- Treating Covid-19 Patients with Thyroid Hormone Therapy - May 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Injections Clinics - May 24th, 2021
- Alabama HGH Injections Clinics - May 19th, 2021
- HGH Injections in Sacramento, California - May 18th, 2021
- Omnitrope Therapy for the Treatment of Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - May 13th, 2021
- The Importance of Balanced Growth Hormone and Insulin Levels - May 8th, 2021
- California HGH Injections Clinics - May 5th, 2021
- Massachusetts HGH Injections Clinics - May 3rd, 2021
- Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - May 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania HGH Injections Clinics - May 1st, 2021
- Florida HGH Injections Clinics - April 27th, 2021
- Norditropin Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 14th, 2021
- Seriously, You Might Need More Fiber - April 13th, 2021
- Researchers Discover Brain Cells Associated With Sugar Cravings - April 12th, 2021
- Four Common Nutrient Deficiencies Among Americans - April 11th, 2021
- New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute to Hair Loss - April 9th, 2021
- Montana HGH Injections Clinics - April 8th, 2021
- Streamline Your Strength Training to Improve Hormone Balance and Gains - March 23rd, 2021
- The Effects of Sedentary Lifestyle on Health and Hormone Balance in Men - March 19th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Injections Clinics - March 13th, 2021
- Diabetes Treatment Semaglutide Helps Obese Patients Lose Weight - March 12th, 2021
- Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism—Leading Cause of Thyroid Disorders - March 10th, 2021
- Experimenting with Leptin (The Hunger Hormone) in Rats - March 9th, 2021
- The Influence of the Thyroid Gland on Body Fat - March 5th, 2021
- Texas HGH Injections Clinics - March 3rd, 2021
- New Study Hints at Body's Ability to Re-Calibrate Biological Age - March 1st, 2021
- Colorado HGH Injections Clinics - February 28th, 2021
- HGH Therapy May Boost Immune Health in Aging and Vulnerable Populations - February 27th, 2021
- Exercise Rehab Improves Strength and Endurance Outcomes in Stroke Patients - February 26th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Covid-19—The Effects of Indoor Living on Immunity - February 23rd, 2021
- Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer, Healthier Lives - February 17th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Injections Clinics - February 13th, 2021
- Minnesota HGH Injections Clinics - February 12th, 2021
- Prescription Human Growth Hormone Injections in San Francisco, California - February 5th, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Intermittent Fasting Could Improve Cognitive Function - February 3rd, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2021
- Wyoming HGH Injections Clinics - January 8th, 2021
- New York HGH Injections Clinics - January 6th, 2021
- Missouri HGH Injections Clinics - January 4th, 2021
- Ohio HGH Injections Clinics - January 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 1st, 2021
- Washington D.C. HGH Injections Clinics - December 31st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- Mississippi HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- West Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - December 26th, 2020
- Vermont HGH Injections Clinics - December 23rd, 2020
- Utah HGH Injections Clinics - December 22nd, 2020
- New Mexico HGH Injections Clinics - December 21st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - December 20th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Injections Clinics - December 18th, 2020
- Nevada HGH Injections Clinics - December 17th, 2020
- Washington HGH Injections Clinics - December 15th, 2020
- HGH Injections in Seattle, Washington - December 14th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Injections Clinics - December 14th, 2020
- Oregon HGH Injections Clinics - December 13th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Injections Clinics - December 11th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Injections Clinics - December 9th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Injections Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Maine HGH Injections Clinics - December 6th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Injections Clinics - December 5th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Injections Clinics - December 3rd, 2020
- Kansas HGH Injections Clinics - December 2nd, 2020
- Iowa HGH Injections Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Indiana HGH Injections Clinics - November 30th, 2020
- Illinois HGH Injections Clinics - November 29th, 2020
- Idaho HGH Injections Clinics - November 27th, 2020
- Hawaii HGH Injections Clinics - November 26th, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 709