Video Link: https://vimeo.com/546287664
Video Download: New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute To Hair Loss
Video Stream: New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute To Hair Loss
Often, science takes time to catch up to observable reality. It's long been known that chronic stress can contribute to hair loss, but we haven't been able to pinpoint the precise mechanism which causes hair to fall out.
The life cycle of a strand of hair occurs in three parts. During the first stage, the hair grows from the follicle. Second, hair growth stops, and the base of the hair thins. At the end of the cycle, the strand falls out.
Researchers long ago discovered that chronic stress could cause hair to fall out prematurely. We're just beginning to learn the physiological processes which contribute to stress-related hair loss, however. Hair growth is mediated by the existence of Hair Follicle Stem Cells.
These stem cells contain the genetic information which leads to hair growth. The activity of these HFSCs depends heavily on biological signals from the endocrine system.
Harvard Stem Cell Study Explores How Stress Leads to Hair Loss
Harvard researcher Seyku Choi led a study that examined the effects of the adrenal gland on Hair Follicle Stem Cells. Choi is a representative from Harvard's Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology.
Our knowledge of Stem Cells and how they work is in its infancy. There are myriad medical advances on the horizon that depend on our broadening understanding of Stem Cells and how to influence their activity. This study was included in a recent edition of the science journal Nature.
In order to assess the effects of stress hormones on HFSCs, Choi and associates worked with mice that had their adrenal glands removed. Researchers discovered that hair growth tripled without the influence of the adrenal glands. Furthermore, the rodents' hair spent considerably less time in the second stage of hair growth.
After establishing the effects of a lack of stress hormones on hair follicles, the mice had corticosterone introduced into their bloodstream, which is normally produced by the adrenal glands. This led directly to the suppression of hair growth.
Corticosteroids Suppress Hair Growth
While this research was conducted in an animal laboratory, there is no reason to believe that the results would not also apply to human models. Further research establishes that Hair Follicle Stem Cell activity is modulated by receptors in the dermal papillae, which react to a subclass of corticosteroids known as glucocorticoids.
When Hair Follicles receive signals from glucocorticoids, hair growth is suppressed. The dermal papillae use intermediary signaling proteins to finish sending the message to stem cells, specifically via growth arrest-specific 6 and AXL receptors.
This research is promising because it is the first of its kind to provide a physiological roadmap that shows how stress leads directly to the suppression of hair growth. This knowledge opens up the opportunity to create treatments that help patients avoid stress-related hair loss.
While this study is promising, there is still a lot of work to be done. There's no guarantee that glucocorticoids act in exactly the same manner in humans as rodents, for example. Cortisol is the primary human glucocorticoid, and more research has to be conducted to investigate how the hormone contributes to hair loss in humans.
Cortisol management is likely beneficial to hair growth in humans, but medications may have unforeseen consequences.
- Could Low-T Make It Harder to Hold a Job? - November 23rd, 2022
- CJC-1295: What you need to know - November 16th, 2022
- Getting Sex Drives in Sync for a Vibrant Relationship - November 8th, 2022
- Varicoceles and Testosterone Levels: What You Need to Know - October 19th, 2022
- Can Testosterone Improve Memory for Diabetic Men? - October 4th, 2022
- Will the Doctors at Your Clinic Write Me an HGH Prescription? - September 16th, 2022
- Tlando—An Oral Alternative for Testosterone Deficiency - September 8th, 2022
- How to Detect HGH Scams - August 12th, 2022
- Getting Fit for Testosterone Therapy - July 12th, 2022
- Using Food to Improve Your Mood - How Diet and Mental Health Are Related - June 14th, 2022
- Testimonial: How HGH Replacement Therapy Turned a Man’s Life Around - February 10th, 2022
- Peptides: Another Option in the Battle Against Weight Gain - January 21st, 2022
- How Hormone Imbalance Contributes to Weight Gain - December 16th, 2021
- Zomacton Therapy for Relief from HGH Deficiency - November 29th, 2021
- Avoid Hormone Imbalance and Ward Off Fatigue and Exhaustion This Winter - November 10th, 2021
- Ten Signs You May Be Suffering from Low-T (or HGH Deficiency)! - October 6th, 2021
- Tesamorelin Therapy Helps Patients Lose Weight and Boost Growth Hormone Levels - September 9th, 2021
- Study Tracks Diabetic Low-T Patients for Twelve Years - August 9th, 2021
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: If You Do It Right, It’s Like a Miracle - July 13th, 2021
- Preserving and Restoring Hormone Balance for Improved Health and Wellness - July 10th, 2021
- Eating Too Much Junk Food Slashes Sperm Count and Trashes Testosterone Levels - June 10th, 2021
- Male Menopause - Changes in Hormone Balance Alter Men's Lives - June 3rd, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Injections Clinics - May 30th, 2021
- Arizona HGH Injections Clinics - May 28th, 2021
- Watch Out for Signs of Testosterone Imbalance - May 27th, 2021
- Treating Covid-19 Patients with Thyroid Hormone Therapy - May 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Injections Clinics - May 24th, 2021
- Alabama HGH Injections Clinics - May 19th, 2021
- HGH Injections in Sacramento, California - May 18th, 2021
- Omnitrope Therapy for the Treatment of Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - May 13th, 2021
- The Importance of Balanced Growth Hormone and Insulin Levels - May 8th, 2021
- California HGH Injections Clinics - May 5th, 2021
- Massachusetts HGH Injections Clinics - May 3rd, 2021
- Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - May 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania HGH Injections Clinics - May 1st, 2021
- Is Eight Glasses of Water Per Day Really Necessary? - April 29th, 2021
- Florida HGH Injections Clinics - April 27th, 2021
- Norditropin Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 14th, 2021
- Seriously, You Might Need More Fiber - April 13th, 2021
- Researchers Discover Brain Cells Associated With Sugar Cravings - April 12th, 2021
- Four Common Nutrient Deficiencies Among Americans - April 11th, 2021
- Montana HGH Injections Clinics - April 8th, 2021
- Streamline Your Strength Training to Improve Hormone Balance and Gains - March 23rd, 2021
- The Effects of Sedentary Lifestyle on Health and Hormone Balance in Men - March 19th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Injections Clinics - March 13th, 2021
- Diabetes Treatment Semaglutide Helps Obese Patients Lose Weight - March 12th, 2021
- Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism—Leading Cause of Thyroid Disorders - March 10th, 2021
- Experimenting with Leptin (The Hunger Hormone) in Rats - March 9th, 2021
- The Influence of the Thyroid Gland on Body Fat - March 5th, 2021
- Texas HGH Injections Clinics - March 3rd, 2021
- New Study Hints at Body's Ability to Re-Calibrate Biological Age - March 1st, 2021
- Colorado HGH Injections Clinics - February 28th, 2021
- HGH Therapy May Boost Immune Health in Aging and Vulnerable Populations - February 27th, 2021
- Exercise Rehab Improves Strength and Endurance Outcomes in Stroke Patients - February 26th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Covid-19—The Effects of Indoor Living on Immunity - February 23rd, 2021
- Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer, Healthier Lives - February 17th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Injections Clinics - February 13th, 2021
- Minnesota HGH Injections Clinics - February 12th, 2021
- Prescription Human Growth Hormone Injections in San Francisco, California - February 5th, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Intermittent Fasting Could Improve Cognitive Function - February 3rd, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2021
- Wyoming HGH Injections Clinics - January 8th, 2021
- New York HGH Injections Clinics - January 6th, 2021
- Missouri HGH Injections Clinics - January 4th, 2021
- Ohio HGH Injections Clinics - January 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 1st, 2021
- Washington D.C. HGH Injections Clinics - December 31st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- Mississippi HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- West Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - December 26th, 2020
- Vermont HGH Injections Clinics - December 23rd, 2020
- Utah HGH Injections Clinics - December 22nd, 2020
- New Mexico HGH Injections Clinics - December 21st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - December 20th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Injections Clinics - December 18th, 2020
- Nevada HGH Injections Clinics - December 17th, 2020
- Washington HGH Injections Clinics - December 15th, 2020
- HGH Injections in Seattle, Washington - December 14th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Injections Clinics - December 14th, 2020
- Oregon HGH Injections Clinics - December 13th, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 552