While Testosterone Replacement Therapy has been used now for decades, we're just reaching a point where large-scale longitudinal studies are coming to fruition. The current scientific climate continues to provide ample information regarding the safety and effectiveness of long-term Testosterone use. Doctors were worried about the potential dangers of Bio-Identical Testosterone for many years. Still, it appears that most of the risk can be mitigated through responsible usage with medical guidance.
Currently, there is much hope that Testosterone Injections, Creams, and Patches can help men control their Type-2 Diabetes more effectively. Diabetes has a concerning negative impact on Testosterone Levels. Low-T has been shown to worsen outcomes for Type-2 Diabetics. A recent German study provides more evidence that Hormone Replacement Therapy with Testosterone can improve cardiovascular outcomes and reduce mortality risk for Diabetics with Low-T.
German Study Reveals Promising Findings for Diabetics
Dr. Karim Haider and Dr. Farid Saad showcased these results at the 81st Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association. While the data used for this study was not randomized, it does offer keen insights into the potential benefits of Testosterone. While some skepticism is warranted, the body of evidence currently strongly suggests that men that are concurrently Diabetic and diagnosed with Low-T should strongly consider Testosterone Therapy to improve their health and well-being as long as they aren't at high risk for Testosterone HRT Complications.
Researchers monitored hundreds of men for twelve years to produce these results. All patients were diagnosed with Hypogonadism along with Type-2 Diabetes. The men received Low-T Injections once every three months to enhance their blood-sugar control. There is even some hope that the combination of lifestyle changes and Testosterone may even reverse Type-2 Diabetes in some cases, but there is no study that yet provides confident results. A major investigation (TRAVERSE) is currently in Phase 4 and will be complete in the coming years.
Controlling Blood Sugar with Testosterone Therapy
This German Low-T Study tracked 261 patients in total. All patients were previously diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes and visited a urology clinic in the city of Bremerhaven. 183 of the 361 subjects that went to the clinic chose to initiate a Testosterone Therapy plan, while 178 patients turned down Testosterone. These individuals were separated into experimental and control groups.
Men who took testosterone consented to 1000 milligram Testosterone Undecanoate Injections delivered by shot once every three months. Participants received Nebido Testosterone produced and distributed by Bayer Pharmaceuticals. Testosterone Undecanoate is one of the longest-acting forms of single-dose Testosterone, able to maintain healthy levels of the hormone for 6+ weeks. Testosterone Cypionate and Enanthate, on the other hand, require injections once every week to month.
These researchers have produced other promising studies regarding Testosterone and Insulin Resistance. An earlier study showed that Testosterone Injections could help men with prediabetes avoid the progression to Type-2 Diabetes.
A1C Tests Blood Sugar Levels in Patients
In this study, researchers tracked Glycated Hemoglobin Levels via A1C test from the beginning of treatment for twelve years. A1C is the most effective way to measure average blood sugar levels in a patient's bloodstream. A1C specifically measures the proportion of hemoglobin that is transporting glucose. Ideally, this should be under 5.7%. Higher than 6.4% is considered Diabetic. The middle range is regarded as pre-diabetic.
Patients prescribed Testosterone experienced a significant reduction in A1C, down to 5.6% from 9.4%. On the other hand, the control group ended up with higher A1C, 10.4% from 7.8%. This means that Testosterone Therapy improved blood sugar, but the control group fared worse after twelve years.
A randomized Australian study [T4DM] provided similar results, but 22% of men experienced increased Hematocrit levels, which was a cause for concern. High Hematocrit levels are associated with increased blood clot risk. Still, if patients have Hematocrit levels monitored during treatment, they can take Testosterone safely. Future studies will likely create a definitive Hematocrit threshold at which patients should suspend therapy.
Testosterone Therapy, Type-2 Diabetes, and Mortality Risk
In this study, patients taking Testosterone had better health outcomes than those that did not choose Therapy. In both groups, just over 1/3rd of patients were previously noted to have a history of cardiovascular disease. Researchers collected data regarding diabetic health issues, heart attack, and stroke incidence in all participants.
Men taking Testosterone were 61 years old on average vs. 63 in the control group. Before starting treatment, they measured worse on several health factors, including A1c, LDL Cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI, and Smoking incidence. In spite of this, the Testosterone Patients ended up in a healthier position than their counterparts. 34% of control patients died over twelve years, but only 8.2% of Testosterone Patients. Very surprisingly, no Testosterone patients experienced stroke or heart attack, whereas 31.5% of controls experienced both. Testosterone Patients were also less likely to suffer from Diabetic Foot Syndrome, Nephropathy, and Retinopathy.
Some researchers say that this study emphasizes the need for a fully randomized study. While these results do seem somewhat “too good to be true,” they do corroborate with the general trend of many other studies published in recent years. The 6000 man TRAVERSE study that will be finished in 2022 should provide more definitive answers.
- Tesamorelin Therapy Helps Patients Lose Weight and Boost Growth Hormone Levels - September 9th, 2021
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: If You Do It Right, It’s Like a Miracle - July 13th, 2021
- Preserving and Restoring Hormone Balance for Improved Health and Wellness - July 10th, 2021
- Eating Too Much Junk Food Slashes Sperm Count and Trashes Testosterone Levels - June 10th, 2021
- Male Menopause - Changes in Hormone Balance Alter Men's Lives - June 3rd, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Injections Clinics - May 30th, 2021
- Arizona HGH Injections Clinics - May 28th, 2021
- Watch Out for Signs of Testosterone Imbalance - May 27th, 2021
- Treating Covid-19 Patients with Thyroid Hormone Therapy - May 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Injections Clinics - May 24th, 2021
- Alabama HGH Injections Clinics - May 19th, 2021
- HGH Injections in Sacramento, California - May 18th, 2021
- Omnitrope Therapy for the Treatment of Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - May 13th, 2021
- The Importance of Balanced Growth Hormone and Insulin Levels - May 8th, 2021
- California HGH Injections Clinics - May 5th, 2021
- Massachusetts HGH Injections Clinics - May 3rd, 2021
- Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - May 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania HGH Injections Clinics - May 1st, 2021
- Is Eight Glasses of Water Per Day Really Necessary? - April 29th, 2021
- Florida HGH Injections Clinics - April 27th, 2021
- Norditropin Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 14th, 2021
- Seriously, You Might Need More Fiber - April 13th, 2021
- Researchers Discover Brain Cells Associated With Sugar Cravings - April 12th, 2021
- Four Common Nutrient Deficiencies Among Americans - April 11th, 2021
- New Study Demonstrates How Stress Hormones Contribute to Hair Loss - April 9th, 2021
- Montana HGH Injections Clinics - April 8th, 2021
- Streamline Your Strength Training to Improve Hormone Balance and Gains - March 23rd, 2021
- The Effects of Sedentary Lifestyle on Health and Hormone Balance in Men - March 19th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Injections Clinics - March 13th, 2021
- Diabetes Treatment Semaglutide Helps Obese Patients Lose Weight - March 12th, 2021
- Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism—Leading Cause of Thyroid Disorders - March 10th, 2021
- Experimenting with Leptin (The Hunger Hormone) in Rats - March 9th, 2021
- The Influence of the Thyroid Gland on Body Fat - March 5th, 2021
- Texas HGH Injections Clinics - March 3rd, 2021
- New Study Hints at Body's Ability to Re-Calibrate Biological Age - March 1st, 2021
- Colorado HGH Injections Clinics - February 28th, 2021
- HGH Therapy May Boost Immune Health in Aging and Vulnerable Populations - February 27th, 2021
- Exercise Rehab Improves Strength and Endurance Outcomes in Stroke Patients - February 26th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Covid-19—The Effects of Indoor Living on Immunity - February 23rd, 2021
- Breakthrough Gene Therapies May Help Humans Live Longer, Healthier Lives - February 17th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Injections Clinics - February 13th, 2021
- Minnesota HGH Injections Clinics - February 12th, 2021
- Prescription Human Growth Hormone Injections in San Francisco, California - February 5th, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Intermittent Fasting Could Improve Cognitive Function - February 3rd, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2021
- Wyoming HGH Injections Clinics - January 8th, 2021
- New York HGH Injections Clinics - January 6th, 2021
- Missouri HGH Injections Clinics - January 4th, 2021
- Ohio HGH Injections Clinics - January 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Injections Clinics - January 1st, 2021
- Washington D.C. HGH Injections Clinics - December 31st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- Mississippi HGH Injections Clinics - December 29th, 2020
- West Virginia HGH Injections Clinics - December 26th, 2020
- Vermont HGH Injections Clinics - December 23rd, 2020
- Utah HGH Injections Clinics - December 22nd, 2020
- New Mexico HGH Injections Clinics - December 21st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - December 20th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Injections Clinics - December 18th, 2020
- Nevada HGH Injections Clinics - December 17th, 2020
- Washington HGH Injections Clinics - December 15th, 2020
- HGH Injections in Seattle, Washington - December 14th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Injections Clinics - December 14th, 2020
- Oregon HGH Injections Clinics - December 13th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Injections Clinics - December 11th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Injections Clinics - December 9th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Injections Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Maine HGH Injections Clinics - December 6th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Injections Clinics - December 5th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Injections Clinics - December 3rd, 2020
- Kansas HGH Injections Clinics - December 2nd, 2020
- Iowa HGH Injections Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Indiana HGH Injections Clinics - November 30th, 2020
- Illinois HGH Injections Clinics - November 29th, 2020
- Idaho HGH Injections Clinics - November 27th, 2020
- Hawaii HGH Injections Clinics - November 26th, 2020
- Georgia HGH Injections Clinics - November 25th, 2020
- Delaware HGH Injections Clinics - November 23rd, 2020
- Connecticut HGH Injections Clinics - November 20th, 2020
- South Carolina HGH Injections Clinics - January 9th, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 867