HGH Is No Fountain Of Youth
(Ivanhoe Newswire) - A great deal of attention has been focused on athletes and entertainers using the human growth hormone (HGH). However, researchers want to focus on the everyday people who use the substance and find out how it's impacting their lives. Some use HGH to ward off the normal effects of aging.
Dr. Thomas Perls, director of the New England Centenarian Study and an associate professor of medicine at Boston University School of Medicine, is quoted as saying, Despite the overwhelming evidence that the risks and dangers of growth hormone far outweigh the clinically demonstrated insignificant benefit in normally aging individuals, the prescribing, distribution and sale of HGH for alleged anti-aging aesthetic and athletic enhancement has dramatically grown over the past few years."
These drugs, which are most often given in a cocktail" that also includes anabolic steroids and other substances, can lead to swelling of the soft tissues, joint pain, carpal tunnel-like symptoms, enlarged breasts and insulin resistance. Some studies suggest HGH can lead to an increased risk for cancer as well. While they're marketed for their anti-aging properties, little research exists to show they are effective in turning back the clock.
Dr. Perls and his colleagues call for better public education about the risks, more focus on everyday users, and strengthening and enhancing the laws governing the illegal distribution of HGH.
SOURCE: Boston University press release, June 17, 2008
- Quit Wasting Time and Fix Your Hormone Imbalance NOW! - April 13th, 2022
- Humatrope HGH: Human Growth Hormone Product - February 22nd, 2022
- Effects Of HGH On Skin - February 20th, 2022
- HGH Health News: HGH Human Growth Hormone Injections Information - February 19th, 2022
- Some Of The Symptoms Of Decreased Human Growth Hormone - February 18th, 2022
- HGH Decline And Aging - February 17th, 2022
- Hgh Doctors - February 15th, 2022
- When the Growth Hormone Revolution Began: HGH Study - February 14th, 2022
- Basic Questions About Hgh (Growth Hormone) - February 12th, 2022
- Hormone Frequently Asked Questions: HRT FAQ - February 12th, 2022
- Human Growth Hormone 101 - February 12th, 2022
- Getting Started With An Hgh Therapy Program - February 9th, 2022
- Test Your Hgh Blood Levels - February 8th, 2022
- Hgh Levels - February 7th, 2022
- All The Different Brands Of Human Growth Hormone - February 7th, 2022
- Testing Olympians Hgh Giving Unfair Advantage In Sports Performance - February 5th, 2022
- Hgh Cell Regeneration - February 3rd, 2022
- Hgh Benefits Courtesy Of James Abernathy Ph.D - February 1st, 2022
- Hgh And Body Building - January 31st, 2022
- Weight Management And Hgh - January 29th, 2022
- Hgh Secretagogue - January 29th, 2022
- Side Effects Of Human Growth Hormone - January 27th, 2022
- Hgh Therapy Program Diary - January 24th, 2022
- Finally! Real HGH! Not Scams! - January 24th, 2022
- Getting Started with Injectable HGH Treatment - January 22nd, 2022
- Hgh And Improvements In Body Composition - April 30th, 2020
- Hgh Benefits - April 20th, 2020
- Overall General Benefits Of Hgh - April 19th, 2020
- Hgh Benefits And Effects On Skin And Hair - April 17th, 2020
- Hgh Sprays (scam): What Is A Nanogram? The Quantity Of A Nano Gram - April 9th, 2020
- Will Human Growth Hormone Prove To Be The First Anti-aging Medication? - March 19th, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 238