If you have a history of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia in your family, you’re probably wondering how you can reduce your risk of developing such a scary disease yourself as you get older.
Eating healthy, maintaining healthy relationships, and working your brain with puzzles and games as you age are all good advice. Still, there’s evidence of something else you can do to potentially reverse cognitive decline.
Reverse Cognitive Decline with Exercise
Researchers at the University of Queensland reported finding an exercise “sweet spot” that appears to actually reverse cognitive decline in older mice. This research took place over more than a decade, concluding that just 35 days of physical exercise improved a patient’s learning and memory abilities.
Dr. Blackmore, the study researcher, states, “We tested the cognitive ability of elderly mice following defined periods of exercise and found an optimal period or ‘sweet spot’ that greatly improved their spatial learning.”
They discovered that, during this “sweet spot,” growth hormone levels were peaking. So, they injected growth hormone into sedentary mice, and they found that their cognitive abilities were also effectively improved.
Growth Hormone Stimulates the Growth of New Neurons
The scientists discovered that growth hormone actually stimulates the creation of new neurons in the hippocampus area of the brain.
This area is where learning and memory abilities are located. Incredibly, the sedentary mice were able to improve their cognitive skills just from growth hormone injections alone.
Blackmore is excited: “This is an important discovery for the thousands of Australians diagnosed with dementia every year.”
Dementia is truly one of the scariest diseases that a person could develop over their lifetime, for both him and his loved ones. In Australia, where this research was conducted, it is the second leading cause of death. Numbers are expected to increase to 1.1 million people by 2058.
This research has proven that dementia in old age is directly related to decreased new neuron production, especially in the hippocampus. This means that we need to be able to activate the neurogenic stem cells in the brain in order to create the necessary new neurons.
Blackmore describes their research: “Using MRI, we were able to study the brain following exercise, and for the first time identify the critical changes in the structure and functional circuitry of the hippocampus required for improved spatial learning.”
Remember, the exercise “sweet spot” is exercising for 35 days straight, leading to a peak in growth hormone levels. The scientists found that this specifically defined exercise duration stimulated neuron growth. Anything shorter or longer was ineffective.
Adequate HGH is Necessary for All Aging Adults
If you learned nothing else from this article, let it be that you now know that HGH is necessary for adults, especially as they age. We need it to stimulate new cell growth, and now we know – new neuron growth as well. We can combat Alzheimer’s and cognitive decline with growth hormone.
Most adults experience a growth hormone decline as they age – it’s difficult to avoid altogether. Thankfully, it’s incredibly easy to check growth hormone levels via a blood test and begin a growth hormone program if necessary.
There are multiple options for treatment, each with its pros and cons, as well as varying costs. Contact us if you are interested in getting tested or starting an HGH replacement therapy program today!
- HGH Quick Fixes Fix Nothing - January 25th, 2023
- Penny: the Mountain Climber’s Story - January 10th, 2023
- Tiredness: The Enemy of Life - November 22nd, 2022
- I Wasted Four Years of My Life - October 14th, 2022
- How to Boost Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Levels Naturally - October 7th, 2022
- Was it Fibromyalgia? Nope. Was it Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Nope. And Now I’m Cured! - August 2nd, 2022
- My Doctor Told Me I Was Dying - July 8th, 2022
- The Evolution of the Human Growth Hormone Receptor Gene - June 22nd, 2022
- Quit Wasting Time and Fix Your Hormone Imbalance NOW! - April 13th, 2022
- Humatrope HGH: Human Growth Hormone Product - February 22nd, 2022
- Effects Of HGH On Skin - February 20th, 2022
- HGH Deficiency Test: Human Growth Hormone Levels and Decline - February 19th, 2022
- Some Of The Symptoms Of Decreased Human Growth Hormone - February 18th, 2022
- HGH Decline And Aging - February 17th, 2022
- Hgh Doctors - February 15th, 2022
- When the Growth Hormone Revolution Began: HGH Study - February 14th, 2022
- Basic Questions About Hgh (Growth Hormone) - February 12th, 2022
- Hormone Frequently Asked Questions: HRT FAQ - February 12th, 2022
- Human Growth Hormone 101 - February 12th, 2022
- Getting Started With An Hgh Therapy Program - February 9th, 2022
- Test Your Hgh Blood Levels - February 8th, 2022
- Hgh Levels - February 7th, 2022
- All The Different Brands Of Human Growth Hormone - February 7th, 2022
- Testing Olympians Hgh Giving Unfair Advantage In Sports Performance - February 5th, 2022
- Hgh Cell Regeneration - February 3rd, 2022
- Hgh Benefits Courtesy Of James Abernathy Ph.D - February 1st, 2022
- Hgh And Body Building - January 31st, 2022
- Weight Management And Hgh - January 29th, 2022
- Hgh Secretagogue - January 29th, 2022
- Side Effects Of Human Growth Hormone - January 27th, 2022
- Hgh Therapy Program Diary - January 24th, 2022
- Finally! Real HGH! Not Scams! - January 24th, 2022
- Getting Started with Injectable HGH Treatment - January 22nd, 2022
- Hgh And Improvements In Body Composition - April 30th, 2020
- HGH Is No Fountain Of Youth - April 29th, 2020
- Hgh Benefits - April 20th, 2020
- Overall General Benefits Of Hgh - April 19th, 2020
- Hgh Benefits And Effects On Skin And Hair - April 17th, 2020
- Hgh Sprays (scam): What Is A Nanogram? The Quantity Of A Nano Gram - April 9th, 2020
- Will Human Growth Hormone Prove To Be The First Anti-aging Medication? - March 19th, 2020
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 572