Hormone Replacement Therapy (also known as HRT) has benefited many women.
And, as science advances and more people learn about the possibilities, it’s become more and more well-known and discussed – both in the media and over the garden fence.
But many myths and ‘fake news” persist despite these trends. My purpose in writing this article is to dispel the fear and uncertainty that some of this fake news engenders.
So sit back and learn what’s known – and what is just rumor and disinformation – about this growing field.
Fake News About HRT Number Ten: “Hormone Replacement Therapy worsens the risk of heart problems.” There was an older study that suggested this might be the case. But numerous more recent studies have shown no such connection, and the preponderance of the evidence is clear.
Fake News About HRT Number Nine: “Hormone Replacement Therapy can’t help women who have early-onset menopause.” Some women experience the “change of life” much earlier than the typical late-40s or early-50s time frame.
Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to help reduce the risk of osteoporosis and heart problems for women in this group, just the same as for women who enter menopause later in life.
Fake News About HRT Number Eight: “Hormone Replacement Therapy comes in only one variety; and if that kind’s not for you, then HRT can’t help you.” Nothing could be further from the truth.
A woman’s body is complex, and there are many potential types of hormone imbalance and a greater variety of therapies to help. That’s why accurate testing is so important – like the kind our board-certified physicians can provide.
Fake News About HRT Number Seven: “Hormone Replacement Therapy is carcinogenic (that is, it’s a cancer-causing agent).” False! This may be the fake news that gets spread the most, because it’s the most sensational – and scary. But it’s also not true at all. There was an old study (as with Fake News number ten) that suggested that this might be the case, but study after study has brought out the facts:
While too many certain hormones (which you might get from fly-by-night, uncertified hormone suppliers) can increase cancer risks, getting the right amount your body requires (our clinic’s specialty) does not raise cancer risks for normal, healthy adults.
Fake News About HRT Number Six: “Hormone Replacement Therapy only helps women with extreme hormone imbalance symptoms.” Nope, that is not true: HRT, in proper amounts after our clinic’s accurate testing, can help to eliminate even minor symptoms, nipping problems “in the bud” before they become severe.
Fake News About HRT Number Five: “Hormone Replacement Therapy helps women before menopause, but does no good afterward.” Many women with hormone imbalances continue to suffer from imbalances even after menopause, and HRT can help them too.
And some women – who didn’t need HRT before menopause – do need it afterward to address post-menopausal problems caused by menopause-induced hormone imbalances. If you think this might be you – get tested and know for sure.
Fake News About HRT Number Four: “Hormone Replacement Therapy is dangerous.” While it’s unfortunately true that every medical specialty has some shady operators who make promises they can’t keep and endanger your health with “hard selling” of questionable products, reputable clinics like ours use world-class labs, thoroughly tested products, and board-certified doctors who make sure that you are diagnosed and treated correctly and safely.
Fake News About HRT Number Three: “Hormone Replacement Therapy is the unregulated wild west of medicine and can’t be trusted.” False. HRT doctors, and HRT products, are regulated just the same as other therapies and drugs, and by the very same agencies.
Fake News About HRT Number Two: “Hormone Replacement Therapy does no good if I am not experiencing symptoms right now.” False.
Even when symptoms go away, as they often do during a course of HRT treatment, it’s essential for your physician to monitor your actual hormone levels – and continue therapy if called for – to prevent symptoms from returning and also prevent harmful side effects.
Fake News About HRT Number One: “The agonizing symptoms of menopause are just something that every woman has to live with – they’re inevitable for everyone, and nothing can be done to stop them.”
Sudden sweating at night, drastic changes in perceived temperature – so-called “hot flashes” – and undue weight gain – can sometimes be caused or made far worse than usual by abnormal hormone imbalances. HRT can address these cases, and women experiencing them can gain relief and a return to everyday life by restoring the body’s natural balance of hormones.
- Low HGH Levels Can Lead to Cognitive Impairment - April 24th, 2023 [April 12th, 2023]
- HGH Vs. Testosterone: Which One Do You Need? - May 12th, 2023 [November 30th, 2022]
- Fighting Off Brain Fog to Think More Clearly - June 24th, 2022 [May 30th, 2022]
- About to be a Father? How Hormones Will Affect Your Parenting - May 12th, 2023 [March 7th, 2022]
- Overcome HGH Deficiency with Ipamorelin Acetate Injections - November 10th, 2021 [September 21st, 2021]
- Hormone Effects:: My Mind Is Racing and I Feel Like I’m Going Crazy - Could Hormones Be the Cause? - April 11th, 2023 [August 3rd, 2021]
- If You Have Low-T, You’re More at Risk for Severe COVID-19 Symptoms - May 12th, 2023 [May 30th, 2021]
- Hormone Therapy May Help Post-Menopausal Women Postpone Onset of Atherosclerosis - November 10th, 2021 [May 23rd, 2021]
- Joe Rogan -- Palumboism Due to Hormone Abuse? - November 10th, 2021 [May 22nd, 2021]
- Increased Belly Fat? Blame it on Your Hormones! - November 10th, 2021 [May 21st, 2021]
- Human Growth Hormone and Cell Regeneration - November 10th, 2021 [May 20th, 2021]
- Stop Premature Aging Dead in its Tracks with Growth Hormone! - November 10th, 2021 [May 14th, 2021]
- Anti-Aging News: HGH Shown to Reverse Aging in New Study! - November 10th, 2021 [May 4th, 2021]
- Anti-Aging HGH Research of Growth Hormone Injections - November 10th, 2021 [April 24th, 2021]
- Testosterone Levels Main Determining Factor Behind Fracture Risk in Older Men - May 12th, 2023 [April 23rd, 2021]
- Growth Hormone Leads to Liver Regeneration and helps support healing post surgery. - November 10th, 2021 [March 5th, 2021]
- Ascendis Pharma Given the Go-Ahead by FDA to Develop Long-Acting HGH Treatment - November 10th, 2021 [March 4th, 2021]
- Early Exposure to BPAs Can Cause Serious Damage Later in Life for Elderly Men - May 19th, 2023 [March 2nd, 2021]
- COVID-19 Global Pandemic: Boosting Your Immune Defense with Growth Hormone - November 10th, 2021 [February 24th, 2021]
- Zap The Ugly Fat With Human Growth Hormone - November 10th, 2021 [February 20th, 2021]
- Buying HGH Legally. Is HGH legal in the United States ? - November 10th, 2021 [February 18th, 2021]
- Basic Human Growth Hormone Information - November 10th, 2021 [February 11th, 2021]
- An Introduction to the Lymphatic System - November 10th, 2021 [February 6th, 2021]
- How to Blast Off Your Growth Hormone Therapy with Powerful Nutrition- HGH Injection - November 26th, 2021 [February 4th, 2021]
- Human Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men - November 10th, 2021 [January 29th, 2021]
- Human Growth Hormone for Body Sculpting - November 10th, 2021 [January 27th, 2021]
- Starting Your HGH Therapy Program - November 10th, 2021 [January 26th, 2021]
- Personal Human Growth Hormone HGH Testimonial - November 10th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]
- 34 Good Health Tips to Improve Your Health and Wellness - November 10th, 2021 [January 17th, 2021]
- How HGH and Testosterone Can Make a Huge Difference in Your Life - November 10th, 2021 [January 11th, 2021]
- Restore Your Vitality with Human Growth Hormone HRT - November 25th, 2021 [January 10th, 2021]
- HGH Injections: A New Revolution in Longevity, Health, Medicine, and Life Quality -- HGH Injection - November 10th, 2021 [November 10th, 2020]
- Live Consciously and Live Better - November 10th, 2021 [November 4th, 2020]
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 779