Human growth hormone (HGH) is a peptide hormone that every human being needs in order to grow and maintain a healthy body as they age. Unfortunately, as with many other hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, HGH tends to significantly decline with age, causing many adverse symptoms. Some people attribute this to simple aging, but there is usually something you can do to combat these symptoms. Consider getting your HGH levels checked via a simple blood test and, if the results are low, follow our five simple ways to naturally increase HGH.
First Off, What is HGH?
Human growth hormone is produced by the pituitary gland and released into the bloodstream to find its way to other organs and cells. HGH is also known as somatropin and its main use by the body is during adolescence when it regulates growth in children. As adults, HGH still has an important role in cellular maintenance and regeneration (keeping our cells young and healthy). In addition, it regulates sugar and fat metabolism and bone growth.
The pituitary releases HGH in pulses with higher levels seen after exercise, sleep and trauma. The majority of HGH is produced at night (when our bodies engage in most cellular regeneration). Growth-hormone-releasing hormone (GH-RH) is the hormone that triggers the production of HGH and somatostatin is what triggers production to stop.
There you have it; the basics of human growth hormone. Now, how do we increase it?
Five Natural Ways to Boost HGH Levels
1. Body Fat Reduction. If you have excess fat, you’re at risk of low growth hormone. A recent (2020) study showed the link between high body fat and HGH: excess visceral and central fat is correlated with low HGH levels. Another study, from 2015, also showed an association between high visceral fat and low HGH.
Reducing body fat, especially around the midsection, may cause an increase in natural HGH production.
2. Consistent Exercise. Exercise is one of the most powerful ways to stimulate the natural production of HGH. In 2015, a study demonstrated that consistent resistance training caused an increase in HGH secretion as well as insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). IGF-1 is the molecule produced by the liver when HGH is absorbed by the liver cells. Resistance training includes the use of free weights and bodybuilding machines.
3. Intermittent Fasting. A scientific review from 2013 suggested that intermittent fasting alone can boost HGH levels. The scientists hypothesize that this is due to the fact that HGH helps to break down fat and when fasting, your body will use and break down fat to get calories since you are restricting sugars.
4. Eating Less Sugar. Going back to sugar intake, less sugar consumption may lead to increased growth hormone. When sugar or other carbohydrates are consumed, the pancreas releases insulin. Other research has suggested that insulin may be in control of growth hormone secretion. Therefore, a regular increase in insulin (from regularly eating sugars) may slow the release of human growth hormone.
A very recent (2020) study showed that insulin and growth hormone are “counter-regulatory” when it comes to glucose and fat metabolism. This means that, when someone is very overweight (high insulin and low HGH), this imbalance of hormones promotes even more fat buildup and the further reduction of HGH levels – a negative cycle to be in.
If we lower our sugar intake, consequently also insulin, then levels of HGH may increase.
Sermorelin Acetate: Natural HGH Stimulation
If these five simple steps do not seem to be increasing your growth hormone levels, then you may be suffering from a more serious HGH deficiency: adult-onset growth hormone deficiency. The injection of pure HGH is expensive and has a higher risk of side effects because there is no regulation. It is extremely important for a HGH therapy patient to take the precise dosage prescribed by the doctor.
However, there is another option out there. Sermorelin acetate is a synthetic version of the previously mentioned GH-RH – the hormone that triggers the production of HGH – and this is what sermorelin does. Not only is it more affordable, it is safer and more natural.
Because sermorelin is triggering the production of HGH by the body itself, the safety regulators of our bodies can still be used in order to prevent excess levels of HGH. This means that somatostatins are still able to have their effect on the hormone cascade and stop the production of HGH when necessary. With pure HGH injections, you cannot do this.
It’s incredible what bio-technology has accomplished over the past several decades, and thankfully, they have come across a safer alternative to pure HGH injections.
It’s important to have your hormone levels checked regularly, especially if you are middle-aged or older due to naturally declining levels. Get your blood tested and see where you’re at in terms of HGH levels. Contact us today to get started!
- Focus on These Five Workouts to Naturally Boost Both HGH and Testosterone - March 16th, 2022
- Human Growth Hormone Is Something You Absolutely Need - October 20th, 2021
- HGH and Fertility in Women - October 7th, 2021
- Beware the HGH Ripoff Artists - September 27th, 2021
- HGH Doctors - September 17th, 2021
- Women: 15 Warning Signs Your HGH Might Be Low - August 19th, 2021
- It’s Not Just Anecdotal: Science Says Growth Hormone Creates Faster and Leaner Athletes - June 18th, 2021
- Growth Hormone Deficiency, the Immune System and COVID-19 - May 22nd, 2021
- HGH and Testosterone Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - May 12th, 2021
- How Human Growth Hormone Supports Beauty and Youthfulness - May 7th, 2021
- How Growth Hormone (HGH) and Leptin Affect Weight Loss and Dieting - April 30th, 2021
- Buying HGH Scams Versus Buying Real Injectable HGH - April 26th, 2021
- HGH Injections May Improve ACL Surgery Outcomes - March 7th, 2021
- Growth Hormone Leads to Liver Regeneration and helps support healing post surgery. - March 5th, 2021
- COVID-19 Global Pandemic: Boosting Your Immune Defense with Growth Hormone - February 24th, 2021
- Fitness and Beauty: The Two Go Hand-in-Hand - February 22nd, 2021
- Why Are So Many Celebrities Taking HGH? Do They Need It? - February 14th, 2021
- Mark Cuban: The HGH Revolution is Underway - February 10th, 2021
- Why You Need HGH -- Six Key Reasons - February 9th, 2021
- Ten HGH Frequently Asked Questions - January 29th, 2021
- HGH and Bodybuilding - January 20th, 2021
- How the Liver Influences Weight Gain and Affects Hormone Balance - January 16th, 2021
- Hormone Therapy After a Hysterectomy: Human Growth Hormone - November 13th, 2020
- Why you need a blood test before you get Hormone Replacement Therapy protocols of HGH, Testosterone or Sermorelin injections - January 10th, 2020
- Lose Weight with HCG — the Power of the HCG Diet! - March 11th, 2019
List of USA state clinics - click a flag below for blood testing clinics.
Word Count: 816